Best Los Angeles Wrongful Death Attorney
California Wrongful Death Law Firm
Yaghmai Law Firm, APC’s California wrongful death lawyers understand the stages of grief that family members go through after losing a loved one, especially if their death was a result of another person’s negligence. Our wrongful death attorneys will relieve stress by answering any questions relevant to your wrongful death lawsuit and help you and your family fight for the compensation you deserve. We will help you honor your loved one and make sure their memory lives on forever.
Our wrongful death lawyers have a reputation for getting you full justice through well-planned legal strategies and strong negotiation tactics. We are passionate about helping our clients get their rightful cash compensation to the fullest extent of the law from those that have hurt them.
Do I Have a Wrongful Death Case?
California’s best wrongful death lawyers in Los Angeles are those who have helped families in different types of wrongful death cases. Wrongful death cases vary greatly due to the official cause of death which is determined by the coroner and his/her autopsy report, which may or may not be accurate, and the underlying investigation by law enforcement, which may or may not have missed important facts.
The facts of every case are unique and overcoming the barrier between the value of your loved one’s life and a fair settlement requires the best wrongful death lawyers at Yaghmai Law Firm, APC on your side.
The highly experienced wrongful death attorneys in Los Angeles at Yaghmai Law Firm, APC help clients who have lost a loved one with the following types wrongful death cases:
- Wrongful Death Caused by Drunk Driving Accidents
- Wrongful Death Caused by Distracted Driving Accidents
- Wrongful Death Caused by Truck Accidents
- Wrongful Death Caused by Pedestrian Accidents
- Wrongful Death Caused by Motorcycle Accidents
- Wrongful Death Caused by Uber Accidents
- Wrongful Death Caused by Lyft Accidents
- Wrongful Death Caused by Defective Products
- Wrongful Death Caused by Other Accidents
- Wrongful Death Caused by Any Wrongful or Negligent Act
Can I File A Wrongful Death Claim?
If you intend to file a wrongful death claim on behalf of a loved one who has passed away (“decedent”), California law, specifically the California Code of Civil Procedure, only allows the following individuals or entities to pursue a claim:
- The decedent’s surviving spouse or surviving domestic partner
- The decedent’s surviving children or surviving grandchildren of deceased children
- The decedent’s legal heirs if the decedent had no will
- The decedent’s putative spouse, children of putative spouse, stepchildren, or parents
- A minor who resided with the decedent for the previous 180 days in decedent’s household and was dependent on the decedent for one-half or more of the minor’s support
- A personal representative of the decedent
Unfortunately, even though it may seem obvious that another person is liable for the death of your loved one, you will have difficulty with the insurance companies during the wrongful death claims process. This is where our team at Yaghmai Law Firm, APC can help you.
We know the tactics which insurance companies and defendants use in these cases to reduce their liability. Insurance adjusters will try to trick you into making a recorded statement that they will surely use against you later. The insurance company and insurance adjuster are not your friends. Despite the validity of your claim and despite your subjective belief that you are a fair person, the insurance companies will do anything in their power to not pay you and your family what you deserve. You must consult with an experienced wrongful death attorney before even considering accepting any settlement offer and you should never volunteer information to the insurance adjuster.
The team at Yaghmai Law Firm, APC is here to answer your questions and guide you through the entire claim process. We represent clients in all aspects of their wrongful death lawsuit, such as:
- We communicate with the insurance company so they cannot take advantage of you;
- We conduct a thorough investigation into the facts of your case;
- We collect and preserve evidence before it is lost or destroyed;
- We contact eyewitnesses to get their statements;
- We protect the wrongful death statute of limitations in California, generally 2 years;
- We file any necessary wrongful death lawsuit to pursue the claim.
Our Los Angeles wrongful death lawyer will aggressively fight to get you full justice for your loved one’s tragic death and make sure your claim is protected within the legally allowed amount of time.
How Much Is My Wrongful Death Settlement Worth?
Nobody can put a dollar figure on the value of a life. All human beings are priceless and inherently have their own intangible worth. No lawyer can guarantee a particular result for your case in California. It is against our rules of professional conduct, however, it is important to recognize the multitude of factors that may affect the outcome of your claim and the amount of money you are able to recover, such as:
- The cost of the medical bills your loved one incurred from injury until death;
- The future financial support your loved one would have provided;
- The value of household services your loved one would have provided;
- The value of gifts your loved one would have given his/her heirs;
- The cost of burial and funeral costs;
- Your pain and suffering;
- Your emotional distress;
- Your loss of consortium;
- And more…
No Fees Unless We Win Your Case
At Yaghmai Law Firm, APC we work on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay us nothing unless we win your case. We do not back down from a fight against the insurance companies under any circumstances. Our best wrongful death attorney team will litigate your case until we obtain full justice to the fullest extent of the law.
Contact Yaghmai Law Firm, APC Today
Time is of the essence in any wrongful death claim delays in acting will be used against you by the insurance companies to deny your claim. The potential loss of evidence over time will also weaken your case and allow the insurance company to deny your claim.
If you have suffered the loss of a loved one in a wrongful death accident in California, then look no further than the personal injury attorneys at Yaghmai Law Firm, APC for sound legal advice and aggressive representation in your wrongful death action. We understand you and we can help you.
Don’t sit around on Google searching for “best wrongful death lawyer near me” or “best wrongful death attorney near me” and wasting precious time that may harm your case.
Call us or text us at +1 (888) 800-6731 or contact form to schedule a free consultation.
Submit Your Case
Schedule a Consultation with our Best Personal Injury Lawyer
or Best Immigration Lawyer