Brain Injuries & Disability
Best Los Angeles Brain Injury Lawyer
California Brain Injury Law Firm
Do I have a Brain Injury Case?
If you intend to file a brain injury claim, you have to prove that the other person owed you a duty of care and breached that duty of care. For example for car accidents that cause brain injury, in California, drivers have a duty to drive in a safe manner and avoid risky behavior that may endanger others on the road.
They breach this duty of care when they:
- Drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Drive while distracted;
- Make illegal turns;
- Fail to keep their vehicles safe;
- Break the speed limit; or
- Engage in other illegal or reckless behaviors.
If you suffered a brain injury as a result of any intentional or negligent act of another person, you have the right to seek compensation for:
- Past medical costs;
- Future medical costs and long-term medical care;
- Costs of home modifications;
- Physical therapy costs;
- Speech therapy costs;
- Psychiatric support costs;
- Loss of past income;
- Loss of earning capacity; and
- Other economic losses arising from your injuries.
By law, you are also entitled to recover for:
- Pain and suffering;
- Loss of enjoyment of life;
- Mental anguish, shame, or shock;
- Loss of consortium;
- Permanent disability such as blindness or paralysis;
- Inability to be intimate with your spouse or domestic partner;
- Inability to provide moral support for your spouse or domestic partner; and
- Other emotional and mental damages.
Unfortunately, even though it may seem obvious that another person is liable for your brain injury, you will have difficulty with the insurance companies during the claims process. This is where our team at Yaghmai Law Firm, APC can help you.
We know the tactics which insurance companies and defendants use in brain injury accident cases to reduce their liability. Insurance adjusters will try to trick you into making a recorded statement that they will surely use against you later.
They may entice you to settle with a minimal amount of money early on in the case because they know brain injuries are serious and often do not improve over time. They will even dig into your online presence and social media posts on Facebook and Instagram to use your own photos to deny liability for your injuries.
The insurance company and insurance adjuster are not your friends. Despite the validity of your claim and despite your subjective belief that you are a fair person, the insurance companies will do anything in their power to not pay you what you deserve. You must consult with an experienced brain injury attorney before even considering accepting any settlement offer and you should never volunteer information to the insurance adjuster.
The team at Yaghmai Law Firm, APC is here to answer your questions and guide you through the entire claims process. We represent clients in all aspects of their personal injury claim, such as:
- We communicate with the insurance company so they cannot take advantage of you;
- We help coordinate the repair of your vehicle and pursue your property damage claim;
- We conduct a thorough investigation into the facts of your case;
- We collect and preserve evidence before it is lost or destroyed;
- We contact eyewitnesses to get their statements;
- We help you get the best medical treatment possible for your injuries at no cost to you;
- We will aggressively fight to get you full justice for your injuries.
How Much Is My Brain Injury Claim Worth?
No lawyer can guarantee a particular result for your case in California. It is against our rules of professional conduct, however, it is important to recognize the multitude of factors that may affect the outcome of your claim and the amount of money you are able to recover, such as:
- The cost of the medical bills you have incurred;
- The cost of any future medical treatment you will need;
- The amount of income you lost due to your injuries;
- Whether your injuries have affected your future earning capacity;
- Whether you required home modifications to accommodate your injury;
- The cost of fixing your vehicle;
- Whether your injury caused scarring, disability, or the loss of a bodily function.
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Symptoms
Traumatic brain injury definition is determined by traumatic brain injury symptoms which can vary greatly from case to case, but each can have a long-lasting and detrimental effect on your quality of life. It is important to document all your symptoms and to get high quality medical treatment from specialists that are trained to deal with all types of traumatic brain injury cases.
Symptoms that you may be suffering from a mild traumatic brain injury include:
- Physical Symptoms
- Loss of consciousness for a few seconds to a few minutes;
- No loss of consciousness, but a state of being dazed, confused or disoriented;
- Dizziness or loss of balance;
- Fatigue or drowsiness;
- Difficulty sleeping;
- Sleeping excessively;
- Problems with speech;
- Sensory Symptoms
- Blurry vision;
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus);
- Bad taste in the mouth;
- Changes in the ability to smell;
- Cognitive or Mental Symptoms
- Memory or concentration problems;
- Mood changes or mood swings;
- Depression or anxiety;
In addition to the above, symptoms that you may be suffering from a moderate to severe traumatic brain injury include:
- Physical Symptoms
- Loss of consciousness from several minutes to hours;
- Persistent headache or headache that worsens;
- Repeated vomiting or nausea;
- Convulsions or seizures;
- Dilation of one or both pupils of the eyes;
- Clear fluids draining from the nose or ears;
- Inability to awaken from sleep;
- Weakness or numbness in fingers and toes;
- Loss of coordination;
- Cognitive or Mental Symptoms
- Profound confusion;
- Agitation, combativeness, or other unusual behavior;
- Slurred speech;
- Coma and other disorders of consciousness;
Symptoms of traumatic brain injury in children, such as infants and young children, include:
- Change in eating or nursing habits;
- Unusual or easy irritability;
- Persistent crying and inability to be consoled;
- Change in ability to pay attention;
- Change in sleep habits;
- Sad or depressed mood;
- Loss of interest in favorite toys or activities;
Traumatic brain injury symptoms years later may also become an issue. It is important you retain the best traumatic brain injury lawyer to make sure you get the best representation possible if you have suffered head trauma or skull fractures due to an accident. These may lead to traumatic brain injury long term effects that need proper care.
Evidence Required to Prove Traumatic Brain Injury
It is vital to document your traumatic brain injury immediately to build a strong case for your TBI brain injury. This includes keeping a daily journal of your pain and suffering and how your life has changed, and
- CT scans, X-rays, and other diagnostic imaging;
- Medical documentation;
- Proof of lost benefits;
- Photos and videos of your injuries and the accident that caused them;
- The police report, if applicable;
- Receipts and invoices for home care, home modifications, and other expenses related to your injury; and
- Expert witness reports that document your long-term prognosis and medical needs.
Our traumatic brain injury attorney will investigate your traumatic brain injury causes with the help of your medical doctors, document the signs of brain injury or brain stem injury, plan your brain injury recovery with your doctors, and make sure you get full justice for your injuries.
No Fees Unless We Win Your Case
At Yaghmai Law Firm, APC we work on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay us nothing unless we win your case. We do not back down from a fight against the insurance companies under any circumstances. Our best brain injury attorney team will litigate your case until we obtain full justice to the fullest extent of the law.
Contact Yaghmai Law Firm, APC Today
Time is of the essence in any brain injury case delays in acting will be used against you by the insurance companies to deny your claim. The potential loss of evidence over time will also weaken your case and allow the insurance company to deny your claim.
If you or a family member have suffered a traumatic brain injury or disability in California, then look no further than the personal injury attorneys at Yaghmai Law Firm, APC for sound legal advice and aggressive representation. We understand you and we can help you.
Don’t sit around on Google searching for “best brain injury lawyer near me” or “best brain injury attorney near me” and wasting precious time that may harm your case.
Call us or text us at +1 (888) 800-6731 or contact form to schedule a free consultation.
Submit Your Case
Schedule a Consultation with our Best Personal Injury Lawyer
or Best Immigration Lawyer